BECOME A VENDOR
Be part of our growing company with over 100 years of MEP in-hour experience. Having that experience allows us to understand the MEP industry and provide our vendor partners a knowledgeable resource. Join our family today!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Check out the job opportunities and join our family today!
OUR CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The dispatcher provides top level customer service to both external and internal customers. This position has direct contact with both customers and field technicians, expediting the arrival of the maintenance to repair technicians to the customer’s location. The dispatcher will answer and respond to any service calls (emergency or non-emergency) received from customers to Universal. Furthermore, the dispatcher will also be responsible for processing all work orders by entering calls into the dispatch program along with any other pertinent information, order parts as required, close calls that are completed, and document technician hours worked on a service call.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that in all circumstances, Universal IFM is reflected in a professional and positive public image
- Receive calls and record information given
- Maintain records as well as enter data into dispatch program to keep information up-to-date
- Field customer calls requesting service or maintenance work, and providing ETAs or arranging any necessary follow up calls
- Work closely with technicians, field service supervisors, and service managers to ensure customer expectations are met
- Schedule, monitor, and track service calls to ensure profitability guidelines are met
- Provide customer updates and update customer specific websites in real time
- Have a comprehensive understanding of order acceptance procedures, scheduling and documentation
- Coordinate multifaceted jobs facilitate communication between technicians and vendors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong customer service and people skills
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in bight pressure situations
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines efficiently
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel